Monday, August 29, 2011

If I Were A Thief

If I were a thief I would check your doors and windows first at your home to see if one is unlocked. I really don't want to make that much noise and cause too much attention to myself. I can slip through an unlocked sliding glass door without a problem. Windows are good, too. I love it when you forget to close your garage door.

I don't even mind entering the front door during the day when you are not home. In fact, I prefer it. (I know you are gone because your porch light is on, no lights or noise on inside and there are no cars in the driveway.) Inadequate deadbolts and locks allow me to jimmy it open without much noise.

If I were a thief I would lay low in bushes and shrubs in dimly lit areas and watch. Motion lights scare me off because I don't want the attention. I don't like barking dogs, either and those nosy neighbors really irritate me. The less activity, the better.

I don't like to make it too hard on myself. If one house seems to have an alarm system and the other doesn't, I'll hit the one without. Wouldn't you?

If I were a thief and I were casing cars, I would look to see if yours was unlocked or your windows rolled partially down. I also like to work in low-light areas and look into cars with valuables in plain view. I find it quite profitable when a cell phone, purse, laptop, iPad or GPS unit is sitting in the front seat. Jackpot! Is your car running? Double jackpot.

If I were a thief I would go everywhere, looking for victims who don't pay attention, who forget to take precautions and get careless. I don't like planners and preventative measures. I don't like neighborhood watch programs, police cars slowly rolling by, cameras or monitored customized security systems.

P.S. Oh, yeah, I'm also on facebook, twitter and all the other networking sites people use to communicate with each other. It's great when you talk about leaving on vacation for a week. It's even better when you don't secure your pages and I can look at everything . . . nice boat.

To download more information about safety and crime prevention, visit the Atronic Alarms, Inc. website.



No comments:

Post a Comment